Biohazard and Sewage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Water Tips | Fire Tips | Biohazard Tips | Mold Tips
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention continues to respond to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a new Coronavirus that was first detected in China and has now spread internationally. While the virus is termed Coronavirus, the sickness that results after infection has been termed COVID-19.
COVID-19 has now been declared a pandemic, which is a global outbreak of a disease.
Need Specialized Cleaning Services?
Call Us Today (732) 530-9009
Illness from COVID-19 is wide ranging, from mild to severe symptoms and death. According to the CDC, symptom may appear two days to two weeks after exposure:
- Shortness of breath
It is important to consult your medical provider if you develop any severe or concerning symptoms.
SERVPRO Coronavirus Response
SERVPRO of Middletown professionals are uniquely prepared during this unprecedented time to clean and disinfect your home or business according to the protocols set forth by the CDC. We have years of experience in dealing with biological contaminants, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform on a daily basis. Our professionals are trained to perform a proactive cleanup that involves facility or structure cleaning and disinfection. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of waste.
Need Biohazard Cleanup? Call Us Today – (732) 530-9009
After any biohazard or sewage contamination in your home or business, your primary focus should be safety:
- Is it safe to stay in the house?
- Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences.
- Flood water can contain sewage, pesticides, and other contaminants.
- Only do activities that are safe for you to perform.
What to Do After a Contamination
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Call emergency service personnel if the situation is life-threatening.
- Treat all bodily fluids as if they are contaminated.
- Turn off the HVAC system if there is sewage damage.
What Not to Do After a Contamination
- Don’t leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don’t leave books, magazines, or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don’t use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don’t use television or other household appliances.
- Don’t turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.
24 Hour Emergency Service
Biohazards like flood water or sewer backups should be considered an emergency and dealt with as quickly as possible. SERVPRO of Middletown has water damage restoration specialists and has specific training and expertise to safely remediate biohazard contaminants.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Port Monmouth
- Atlantic Highlands